Europe on Screen (EoS) is an annual film festival, showcasing films from Europe. The first festival was started in 1990 as “EU Film Festival”, the second festival was not held until 1999. The festival is organized under the name “Europe on Screen” since 2003, and it has been organized annually ever since.
Take part in Europe on Screen for 10 exciting days, 5 May – 14 May 2017 as one of our volunteers. Be involved, meet new people, expand your network and discover films from Europe. The festival committee of Europe on Screen 2017 will recruit +/- 35 volunteers this year to help with the festival activities in Jakarta. Our venues are Institut Français d’Indonésie Jakarta, Goethe Institut, Istituto Italiano di Cultura Jakarta, Erasmus Huis, and more.
• Minimum 18 years old
• Can locate themselves in Jakarta during the Festival
• Passionate about film
• Skilled with intermediate level of English.
• Able to work for minimum 6 (six) days during the festival
• Able to work from 11am – 10pm
• Willing to be placed in any festival venues in Jakarta
• Excellent interpersonal communication skill
• Highly initiative, proactive, friendly, reliable and a supportive team member
• Able to follow the rules/guidelines given by Volunteer Coordinator
• Remain professional at all times while working with a diverse group of festival committee, audience, guests, and other volunteers
• 3 March – 24 March 2017 : Form submission
• 28 March – 5 April 2017 : Interviews
• 14 April – 16 April 2017 : EoS Volunteers Briefing (date, time and place will be confirmed. One day only)
• Please read the requirements and job descriptions thoroughly.
• Fill in the form below (preferably in English) and share the necessary details
• Please submit the completed form before 24 March 2017 at 11.59 pm.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Volunteers Job Description:
1. Venue Coordinator
• Available and willing to work for 9 festival days in the (same) designated venue.
• Responsible for films and properties of Europe on Screen related to that venue.
• Responsible for the execution of all film screenings in the designated venue.
• Responsible for the order and performance of the other volunteers at the same venue.
• Write the daily report according to the brief of the Volunteer Coordinator of the festival.
• Report to Volunteer coordinator at the end of each day during the festival.
2. Information & Ticketing
• Provide correct and proper information to the (potential) audiences as required.
• Responsible for the registration/guest book.
• Responsible for the distribution of tickets for every screening in the designated venue.
• Responsible for the availability of festival’s promotional materials (program guide, schedule flyer, poster, standing banner) and other media partner’s accessories in the designated venue.
• Report any problems to the Venue Coordinator and assist the team in resolving the said problem.
• Report the number of tickets distributed for each screenings to the Venue Coordinator.
• Check the ticket as the audience enters the screening room.
• Help the audience to find a seat when it is still available.
• Return the ticket stubs from each screening to the Venue Coordinator to be checked.
If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact Rukita (Volunteer Coordinator) at 0816 1362 853 (Whatsapp).